One of the main objections that health and fitness professionals have toward blogging is “I don’t have time to blog.” the other is, “I hate to write.”
Creating content for a blog doesn’t have to come in written form. Engage your target market in the way that’s most authentic to you. If writing a blog isn’t fun for you, it certainly won’t be fun for the reader.
Add Value Any Way You See Fit.
Your blog can be in whatever format you want it to be. As long as you’re sharing valuable and relevant content, no one really cares if you write it, speak it or act it out. Just make it interesting, fun and useful.
As health and fitness professionals, you can have fun interacting with your target market in a variety of ways:
- Tape a demonstration and embed it on your website.
- Record client testimonials and share them as monthly success stories.
- Host a YouTube cooking show as a way to share nutrition tips.
- Interview another industry expert and share the transcript and video.
- Create a “how-to” video series on a new technique every week.
Your blog is another channel that you can use to reach out and help the people you were meant to help. It’s a simple way to influence those who you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting, but can still provide useful information to. Don’t limit yourself and don’t turn it into a chore.
Consider your blog as a 24 hour extension of yourself, a digital version of you that never gets tired and is always available. Think of the value you can add to your client’s lives.